Gardeners of Great Akron 2023 Calendar of Events
***If meetings are virtual for the month, this will be announced on the website in the first week of that month***
All member meetings are held on the third Monday of each month at St. George Fellowship Center located at 3204 Ridgewood Rd in Copley, Ohio beginning at 5:30pm. Dinner at 6:30 and is $15.00 payable at the door; reservations must be made by the previous Friday.
All board meetings are held on the fourth Monday of each month at Faith Lutheran Church located at 2726 West Market Street, Fairlawn, Ohio.
All members and prospective members are welcome to attend any and all of these meetings and events.
- Date: 12-13, Geranium Sale, Faith Lutheran Church, 2726 West Market Street, Fairlawn, OH
- 15, Member Meeting, Member Plant Auction
- 22, Board Meeting
- 19, Strawberry Festival, Goodyear Heights Metro Park, Park Pavilion (2077 Newton St, Akron, 44305) Social Hour: 5:30-6:30; Dinner/Program follows. potluck style
- 26, Board Meeting
- 17, Member Meeting, Speaker: Margaret Rivera “Youth Gardening Challenges”
- 24, Board Meeting
- 21, Member Meeting, GOGA Member Horticulture Show
- 28, Board Meeting
- 18, Member Meeting, Speaker: Bill Hendricks, Klyn Nurseries “Succulents are Sexy”
- 25, Board Meeting
- 16, Member Meeting, Officer Elections, Speaker: Mark Bennett, Akron Water Protection Agency “The Importance of Local Watershed”
- 23, Board Meeting
- 20, Member Meeting, GOGA Beautification Awards
- 27, Board Meeting
- 18, Holiday Party and Installation of Officers. Entertainment: TBA
- No Board Meeting